Microsoft .NET Developer Bootcamp: VB.NET
5-course track: $6,000 6-course track: $7,200 7-course track: $8,400 8-course track: $9,600 9-course track: $10,800
Veterans Discount: To inquire about discounts, please call 978.250.4983.
The Microsoft .NET Developer bootcamp teaches the skills needed to create distributed applications and dynamic web applications with the .NET platform using VB.NET. The program includes optional courses in WPF, WCF, SQL Programming and OOA&D.
Our unique approach combines on-demand streaming with personal facilitation and comprehensive hands-on exercises to assure successful training and competence in the IT workplace. Our support staff provides personal setup assistance, guidance and lab equipment setup for each student. An instructor is assigned to each student to assist in completing lab exercises and to help with any questions about the course content. Our classes are designed to be 50% lecture and 50% hands on exercises. Lab exercises are performed via direct high-speed access to a dedicated lab machine, providing responsive interaction and anywhere/anytime accessibility by the lab facilitator as well as the student.
In this bootcamp you will learn how to create robust, scalable applications using VB.NET and Visual Studio. Coverage begins with an introduction to the VB.NET programming language, built in data types, operators, control structures, classes and methods, collections and exception handling. You will develop both Windows and Web-based applications, including in-depth coverage of Microsoft’s MVC programming framework. Advanced topics include the Entity Framework, Web API, creating multithreaded applications, using LINQ to query data and working with object-based collections and generics collections.
Take advantage of quality content and personal service to assure your success. Curriculum Advisors are available at 978.250.4983 to answer any questions you may have regarding the programs of interest to you.
- Using Visual Studio to create VB.NET applications
- Working with .NET collections
- Using LINQ to make queries
- Creating desktop-based applications
- Deploying .NET applications
- Accessing and displaying data using ADO.NET
- Creating ASP.NET form-based applications
- Using HTML server controls, Web controls and validation controls on a Web page
- Architecture of ASP.NET MVC web applications
- Using Visual Studio to create Internet and Intranet applications
- Securing and deploying ASP.NET MVC web applications
- Building Responsive Applications Using Bootstrap
- Working with the Entity Framework
- Building Single Page Applications with ASP.NET MVC, Web API and AngularJS
- Designing object-oriented applications that use class hierarchies
- Implementing user-defined classes
- Using .NET collections to manage data
- Creating multithreaded applications
Students who lack industrial programming experience may elect to attend the introductory Learning to Program with VB.NET course at no additional charge.
|WCF Programming for Experienced VB.NET Programmers||21 hours|
|Windows Presentation Foundation Programming for Experienced VB.NET Programmers||21 hours|
|SQL Programming||21 hours|
|Object Oriented Analysis & Design with UML||28 hours|
Students wishing to opt out of first-level courses will be evaluated one-on-one by a technical instructor. Track price will be adjusted accordingly.
50% Lab Time
Call us today to set up a free demonstration of our on-demand platform. We know that you will see the benefits of our self-paced training platform.