Website Development with HTML5, CSS and Bootstrap
Duration: 28 hours
Prerequisites: Basic personal computer skills and basic Internet knowledge.
This hands on course provides a thorough introduction into the creation of a Website using HTML, CSS and Bootstrap. The course starts with thorough coverage of HTML and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and progresses to using the Bootstrap framework to create mobile-friendly websites.
Topics include use of HTML5 semantic tags, block-level and inline elements, creating links, ordered and unordered lists, creation of tables and forms. Students will learn to attach CSS to a page using several different techniques, CSS selectors and pseudo-classes, CSS box model, and a variety of CSS properties.
Students will learn how to create a Bootstrap page utilizing the grid system, implement commonly used components (such as dropdowns and navigation bars), use Bootstraps CSS classes to format page elements and use Bootstrap's plugins to add tabs, modals and accordions to a page.
Comprehensive hands on exercises are integrated throughout to reinforce learning and develop real competency.
Students Will Learn:
- Creating a valid HTML document
- Using various tags to markup text
- Creating and using CSS to format the appearance of an HTML document
- Using HTML5 semantic elements to define the structure of a page
- Changing the appearance of elements in a document with type, id, class and attribute selectors
- Creating CSS3 effects such as drop shadows, text shadows and using custom fonts
- Creating ordered, unordered and description lists
- Displaying images on a Web page
- Creating hyperlinks using text or images
- Using the a tag to create anchors in a page
- Displaying information using an HTML table
- Including forms in an HTML document
- Adding video and audio to a Web page
- Building a Web page using the Bootstrap grid system
- Using Bootstrap to style links, buttons and form controls
- Adding components to a page such as dropdowns, thumbnails, alerts and glyphicons
|Web Developer||5-course track