Introduction to Spring Boot 2
Duration: 21 hours
Prerequisites: Java SE programming experience equivalent to completing the Java Programming course and knowledge of Spring equivalent to completing the Introduction to Spring 5, Spring MVC and Spring REST course.
Students Will Learn:
- Overview of Spring Core (focus on @Configuration) and Maven/Gradle
- When to use Spring Boot
- Using Spring Boot starters and start.spring.io to easily create new applications
- Understanding and using Spring Boot's auto-configuration
- Customizing your application configuration
- Understanding and using Spring Boot's Spring Data / Spring Data JPA capabilities
- Understanding and using Spring Boot's Web capabilities
- Using embedded servlet containers
- Using Spring Boot Data REST
- Using Spring Security with Spring Boot
- Understanding and using Spring Boot's Actuator
- Using Actuator endpoints to monitor and manage applications
- Working with Spring DevTools
- Spring CLI
As the Spring framework has grown, creating and configuring Spring applications has become more and more complex. Spring Boot takes an "opinionated" view of an application (via intelligent defaults) that minimizes configuration and boilerplate Spring code. Spring Boot makes it easier to use Spring's many frameworks, and adds advanced capabilities such as health monitoring. This course introduces Spring Boot from the ground up, including overviews of building blocks such as Maven. It covers the key features and capabilities of Spring Boot, and teaches experienced Spring developers the skills they need to use Spring Boot productively. This course covers Spring Boot 2 and Spring 5 - the current releases of these frameworks.
The standard platform does all labs with the Eclipse IDE, and the lab instructions include detailed directions for setting up and using it. The course can be made available for all major development environments, including IBM RAD and IntelliJ.
|Spring Configuration Overview
||Introduction to Spring Boot
|Configuration and Customization
||Spring Boot Database Support
|Spring Boot Web/REST and Security
||Spring Boot Actuator and DevTools
|Spring Boot CLI
|Master Java Developer||4-course track
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.