Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI)
Price: $1,899 Self-Paced Online
Prerequisites: At least 2 years network administration experience.
This program is offered via streaming video and self-paced online lab work using the iLabs platform.All of the same modules taught in the live courses are recorded and presented in a streaming video format and the student can set their own learning pace.
The Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI) course delivers the security discipline of digital forensics from a vendor-neutral perspective. CHFI is a comprehensive course covering major forensic investigation scenarios and the course enables students to acquire necessary hands-on experience with various forensic investigation techniques and standard forensic tools necessary to successfully carryout a computer forensic investigation leading to prosecution of perpetrators. CHFI presents a methodological approach to computer forensics including searching and seizing, chain-of-custody, acquisition, preservation, analysis and reporting of digital evidence.
The CHFI certification will give participates the necessary skills to perform an effective digital forensics investigation.
This program is presented in cooperation with EC-Council, a global leader in InfoSec Cyber Security certification programs.
Curriculum Advisors are available at 978.250.4983 to answer any questions you may have regarding the programs of interest to you.
Students Will Learn:
- Establish threat intelligence and key learning points to support pro-active profiling and scenario modeling
- Perform anti-forensic methods detection
- Perform post-intrusion analysis of electronic and digital media to determine the who, where, what, when, and how the intrusion occurred
- Extract and analyze of logs from various devices like proxy, firewall, IPS, IDS, Desktop, laptop, servers, SIM tool, router, firewall, switches AD server, DHCP logs, Access Control Logs & conclude as part of investigation process.
- Identify & check the possible source / incident origin.
- Recover deleted files and partitions in Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
- Conduct reverse engineering for known and suspected malware files
- Collect data using forensic technology methods in accordance with evidence handling procedures, including collection of hard copy and electronic documents
1 year access to instructor-led training modules with streaming video presentations and practice simulators
1 year access to the official e-courseware
6 month access to the online lab environment access (iLabs)
Certificate of completion
Certification exam voucher
Exam Name: CHFI EC0 312-49
Number of Questions: 150
Test Duration: 4 Hours
Test Format: Multiple Choice
All EC-Council exams are available at the ECC Exam Center