Certified Encryption Specialist (ECES)
Price: $999 Self-Paced Online
Prerequisites: A strong background in math as well as experience with developing algorithms, ciphers, cipher texts, telecommunications protocols in cryptographic security systems and working with security systems to encrypt sensitive information is recommended.
This program is offered via streaming video and self-paced online lab work using the iLabs platform.All of the same modules taught in the live courses are recorded and presented in a streaming video format and the student can set their own learning pace.
The EC-Council Certified Encryption Specialist (ECES) program introduces professionals and students to the field of cryptography. The participants will learn the foundations of modern symmetric and key cryptography including the details of algorithms such as Feistel Networks, DES, and AES.
This course is excellent for ethical hackers and penetration testing professionals as most penetration testing courses skip cryptanalysis completely. Many penetration testing professionals testing usually don’t attempt to crack cryptography. A basic knowledge of cryptanalysis is very beneficial to any penetration testing.
This program is presented in cooperation with EC-Council, a global leader in InfoSec Cyber Security certification programs.
Curriculum Advisors are available at 978.250.4983 to answer any questions you may have regarding the programs of interest to you.
Students Will Learn:
- Types of Encryption standards and their differences
- How to select the best standard for your organization
- How to enhance your pen-testing knowledge in encryption
- Correct and incorrect deployment of encryption technologies
- Common mistakes made in implementing encryption technologies
- Best practices when implementing encryption technologies
- Overview of algorithms such as Blowfish, Twofish, and Skipjack
- Hashing algorithms including MD5, MD6, SHA, Gost, RIPMD 256 and others
- Asymmetric cryptography including thorough descriptions of RSA, Elgamal, Elliptic Curve, and DSA
- Significant concepts such as diffusion, confusion, and Kerkchoff’s principle
1 year access to instructor-led training modules with streaming video presentations and practice simulators
1 year access to the official e-courseware
6 month access to the online lab environment access (iLabs)
Certificate of completion
Certification exam voucher
Exam Name: ECES 212-81
Number of Questions: 50
Test Duration: 2 Hours
Required Passing Score: 70%
Test Format: Multiple Choice
All EC-Council exams are available at the ECC Exam Center