UNIX Software Developer Bootcamp
3-week track: $5490 4-week track: $6690
Veterans Discount: Veterans receive 50% off track prices.
The UNIX Software Developer bootcamp provides a thorough introduction to UNIX and Linux fundamentals as well as a comprehensive introduction to the ANSI C language, emphasizing portability and structured design. Students can choose from either C++ or Java to complete the certificate track.
The price point for our bootcamps is significantly less than the cost of other programs that have little or no live presentation or hands-on component. Our self-directed scheduling allows you the flexibility you require to complete your training in the time frame you need.
We invite you to examine our detailed curriculum descriptions and compare them to other bootcamp sites. We have no sales representatives. Curriculum Advisors are available at 978.250.4983 to answer any questions you may have regarding the programs of interest to you. We will assist you with remote attendance preparations, scheduling, explanation of program electives or any other requests for information you may have.
We offer three convenient delivery options:
- Attend training face-to-face in a classroom-based setting.
- Attend training from the comfort of home via our remote attendance option. With remote attendance you receive the same live training delivery as students in the classroom and perform hands on exercises using the same equipment. We ship course materials including any necessary equipment to your home or office. Two-way video and audio communication allows interactive participation as though you are "sitting in the back row" as previous students have characterized our training. iew student testimonials here.
- Utilize on demand streaming to conveniently complete course modules from any device (PC, phone or tablet). You’ll be assisted with hands-on lab work via a mutually agreed upon schedule. Your Curriculum Advisor is always available to help you create and follow your personal training plan.
- Navigating the file system
- Controlling file access
- Manipulating files and links
- Controlling the Terminal
- Working with vi
- Working with secure shells
- How to write and run shell scripts
- Using the C preprocessor
- Using standard runtime libraries
- Using make to build programs
- Declaring and initializing arrays and multidimensional arrays
- Writing programs in either C++ or Java
|UNIX/Linux Fundamentals and Shell Scripting||5 days|
|C Programming||5 days|
Choose One Course:
|C++ Programming for C Programmers||4 days|
|Java Programming||5 days|
|Object Oriented Analysis & Design with UML||4 days|
Students wishing to opt out of first-level courses will be evaluated one-on-one by a technical instructor and must pass a place-out exam. Track price will be adjusted accordingly.
50% Lab Time
On average, certificate holders earn 20 percent more than high school-educated workers – about $240,000 over a high school diploma in lifetime earnings.
In computer/information services, men [with an IT certificate] who work in field earn $72,498 per year, which is more than 72 percent of men with an Associate’s degree and 54 percent of men with Bachelor’s degrees. Women with certificates in this field and in a related occupation earn $56,664, which is greater than 75 percent of females with an Associate’s degree and 64 percent of women with a Bachelor’s degree.
To read more, please click here.